One way to determine a carâ€™s speed, is to look at its acceleration capability. Common standards for comparing acceleration between cars are to examine the 0-60 mph acceleration times or 0-100 km/h times of different cars. For this discussion we will be using 0-60 mph acceleration times.
This list include street-legal production cars and modified cars; concept cars, strictly “race only cars”, and one time only vehicles may not be included.
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. 0-60 mph time: 2.4 secs. Price: $2,400,000. 8.0L W16-Cylinder, 64v DOHC Quad Turbocharger w/ 1200 hp. The original Bugatti Veyron can torque 0-60 mph in 2.5 secs at the cost of $1,700,000. The Bugatti Veyron SS is also the fastest car in the world by top speed.
2. Hennessey Venom GT. 0-60 mph time: 2.5 secs. Price is $725,000 for the 725 hp variant, and up to $950,000 for the 1200 hp twin turbo V8, which is the variant that is ranking second here. Only 10 will be made every year, and 4 are already on order.
2. Ariel Atom V8. 0-60 mph time: 2.5 secs. Price is $225,000. Only 25 will be made per year. Street legal race car requiring extra paper works to get it on the road depending on the state you are in. This car is mainly for people who want to take their race car out to the tracks but donâ€™t want to haul it around with a truck.
2. Caparo T1. 0-60 mph time: 2.5 secs. Price is $480,000. Only 25 will be made per year. Street legal race car. It resembles a prototype race car or a Formula One car.
2. Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. 0-60 mph time: 2.5 secs. Base price $2,500,000. 570 hp. It is equipped with a V10 engine that is capable of producing 570 horsepower. Now that may not sound much, but if youâ€™ll consider the weight of this car, it is more than enough to produce unprecedented speed.